- - Acute Care
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Acute Care (Medical Surgical-Telemetry) Registered Nurse for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Acute Care Department is a 23 bed medical surgical -telemetry unit. This unit is where patients receive active but short-term treatment for a server injury or episode of illness, an urgent medical condition, or during recovery from surgery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours a week (72 hours per pay period)
Shift: 3rd shift (7pm-7am)
Position Reports to: Acute Care Nurse Manager
Job Summary: The Acute Care Department Registered Nurse is responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons in the hospital.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Makes an assessment of and determines total nursing needs of assigned patients. The patient population would include: the neonate patient, the pediatric patient, the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, and the geriatric patient
- The acute care nurse shall formulate a comprehensive nursing plan of care for the medical-surgical patient and collaborate in the overall plan of patient care.
- The acute care nurse shall implement a plan of care based on assessment data as well as a sound knowledge base.
- The acute care nurse shall assist the patient and significant other to obtain knowledge regarding their disease process and self-care through utilization of proper resources.
- The acute care nurses shall evaluate and modify the plan of care based on observable responses by the patient and attainment of patient goals.
- The acute care nurse shall be competent and current, adhering to established standards of practice, and will engage in activities or behaviors that characterize professionals.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current R.N. license in State of Ohio.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Pediatric competent RN must have PALS
- Telemetry competent RN must have rhythm analysis and ACLS
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).