- - Emergency
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Emergency Department Registered Nurse for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Emergency Department is a 20 bed ED unit with 14 cardiac monitored beds. The Emergency Department at Wilson Health has received national recognition for exceptionally quick treat release times for patients.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours a week (72 hours per pay period)
Shift: 2nd shift (10am-10pm)
Position Reports to: Emergency Department Manager
Job Summary: The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons in the hospital.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and performs and accurate triage and ongoing assessment of physical and psychosocial problems of patients within the Emergency Department. The patient population would include: the neonate patient, the pediatric patient, the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, and the geriatric patient.
- Registers patient to begin quick registration process, by obtaining name, age, primary care physician, and other demographic information required to complete the quick registration process, when necessary.
- Prepares ID bracelets and places the band on the Emergency patient.
- Formulates a comprehensive nursing plan of care for the Emergency Department patient and collaborate in the overall patient care.
- Implement a plan of care based on assessment data as well as a sound knowledge base.
- Assist the patient and significant other to obtain knowledge about illness and injury prevention.
- Assure open and timely communication with patients, their significant other, and team members to ensure the occurrence of effective therapeutic interventions.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Current R.N. license in State of Ohio.
- Current BLS.
- Required to obtain ACLS within 1 year of hire date. PALS and TNCC certification within two years of hire date.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).