Health Unit Coordinator
- - Medical-Surgical/Telemetry/CCU
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Part Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Medical-Surgerical/CCU Health Unit Coordinator for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Acute Care Department is a 23-bed medical surgical -telemetry unit. This unit is where patients receive active but short-term treatment for a server injury or episode of illness, an urgent medical condition, or during recovery from surgery.
Wilson Health's Critical Care Unit is a 7 bed Intensive Care unit that caters to patients with severe and life-threatening illnesses and injuries, which require constant, close monitoring and support from specialist equipment and medications in order to ensure normal bodily functions.
Employment Status: Part Time
Hours: 24 hours a week
Shift: 7PM – 7AM
Position Reports to: Acute Care/CCU Nurse Manager
Job Summary: The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for preparing and compiling records, registering patients, computer entry needed for the unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs patient related clerical duties necessary to assist the health care team.
- Registers and interviews patient or patient's representative to obtain demographic and financial information deemed necessary to complete patient record.
- Adhere to established standards of practice
- Provide care based on ethical concepts, respect for life, dignity, human worth and the individuality of human beings.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).