- - Laboratory
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Histology Tech for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (80 hours per pay period)
Position Reports to: Director of Laboratory
Job Summary: To perform routine and non‑routine histopathology procedures, reporting to the pathology section head, laboratory administrative director, or medical director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all general or specialized histopathology procedures including immunohistochemistry and be able to demonstrate proficiency and appropriate knowledge and expertise per pathologist and the laboratory policy on Tissue Submission by Histology Section Personnel.
- Perform routine maintenance of technical equipment and work areas.
- Monitor and document quality control data.
- Recognize, investigate and resolve technical, operational, and equipment problems, including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing.
- Special duties as required.
- Histotechnologist(HTL) or Histotechnician(HT) registered or registry eligible by ASCP and if registry eligible at time of hire must pass exam within 18 months of hire date to remain employed.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).