RN Case Manager
- - Case Management
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire RN Case Manager for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Casual
Position Reports to: Supervisor of Case Management
Job Summary: Coordinates the patient's care and service delivery across the health care continuum. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team both internal and external to the organization to improve patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, utilization and resource outcomes Addresses and resolves patterns in variances that have a negative quality/cost impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using criteria performs concurrent or retrospective review functions for appropriateness of admission and continued hospital stay on every admission
- Analyzes treatment plans and alternatives, formulates the most appropriate plan for the continuum of care, and coordinates the activities of professional staff, agencies, suppliers and family members in achieving planned outcomes.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and modifies the plan of care for the patient through a collaborative and interdisciplinary team approach.
- Assists and collaborates with the healthcare team in locating community resources and linking patients to the most appropriate agencies, facilities, etc. Makes referrals to Social Service when appropriate.
- Functions as a resource for physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff concerning estimated length of stay, avoidable hospital days, and discharge planning needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Ohio
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience and two (2) years case management/utilization review experience preferred.
- Case Managers primarily assigned to Emergency Department prefer 1 year ED experience.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).