WHMG Multi-Site Patient Services Representative
- - Wilson Health Medical Group
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Multi-Site Patient Services Representative for our Surgical medical practice in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio)area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Medical Group (WHMG) began operating more than 20 years ago. Today, the Wilson Health Medical Group consists of more than 45 healthcare providers. The WHMG Physicians and Nurse Practitioners provide quality care with offices conveniently located throughout Shelby County.
Employment Status: Casual
Position Reports to: Office Manager
Job Summary: The Patient Services Representative is the key individual that is in a position to make a positive first impression with patients and members of their families on the telephone and face-to-face. The Patient Services Representative greets patients, obtains information, and enters this information into the registration system. The Patient Services Representative is also responsible for collection of the patient's portion of their financial responsibility, therefore requiring courtesy, understanding, tact, and assertiveness. The Patient Services Representative collaborates with the provider, and clinical and clerical employees to meet the needs of our patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets each patient on telephone or face-to-face in a courteous manner
- Welcomes new patients to the practice; registers patient thoroughly, ensuring that demographic, insurance, and other data is accurate and complete.
- Directs incoming phone calls, messages, and electronic communication appropriately; utilizes telephone management protocol at all times.
- Utilizes practice management, electronic health record, patient portal, and other electronic technology applications according to guidelines.
- Meets expectations for collection of co-pays and account balances; follows cash handling policy at all times.
- Schedules patients accurately and efficiently, focusing on meeting the patient's needs.
- Collaborates with the provider and administration to provide access for patients seeking services.
- Enters patient charges and payments accurately into the practice management system.
- Enters referral tracking documentation into the practice management system; works the referral tracking report to identify completed and outstanding referrals to follow-up with the patient for continuity of care
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Medical Assistant training and previous medical office experience is preferred.
- Computer experience is required.
- Leading candidates will have had prior education and/or experience with diagnostic and procedure coding.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Holiday Pay and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).