Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic
- - Emergency
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Emergency Department is a 20 bed ED unit with 14 cardiac monitored beds. The Emergency Department at Wilson Health has received national recognition for exceptionally quick treat release times for patients.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 11 am– 11 pm - No Weekends
Position Reports to: Emergency Department Manager
Job Summary: The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic is responsible for working as a multi-skilled individual able to perform technical and clinical tasks/procedures. This position is also pivotal in the overall function of the unit including registration, coordinating communication and data entry. Provides clerical assistance to physicians and staff. Provides direction and guidance to patients, families, and visitors while promoting the positive patient experience. Tasks are performed under the oversight of the RN in coordination with other team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the patient on his / her assigned unit. The patient population would include the neonate patient, the pediatric patient, the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, and the geriatric patient.
- Completes assigned treatments and procedures, under the direction of the Registered Nurse (Phlebotomy, EKG, etc)
- Provides care based on ethical concepts, respect for life dignity, human worth and the individuality of human beings
- Registers and interviews patient and patient's representative to obtain and record name, address, age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending Physician, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of the bill and other demographic/financial information deemed necessary to complete patient record.
- The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic can support the RN's and patients by taking vital signs, starting IV's, triaging and lab draws.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Successfully completed an approved Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program or three to six months related hospital experience and/or training, or equivalent combination
- Certification in BLS is required with 3 months of hire
- Currently licensed as an A-EMT/Paramedic by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), or current EMT/Paramedic licensure in Ohio is required.
- Current CPR Certification
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).