- - Radiology
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Ultrasound Technologist General/OB for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Casual
Position Reports to: Director of Radiology
Job Summary: Perform diagnostic ultrasound imaging to provide the best possible patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to Wilson Health's vision of achieving Caring Without Limits. In this highly technical allied imaging professional position, you'll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide the very best imaging services, which include ultrasound, CT scan, interventional radiology, digital mammography, and nuclear medicine.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures with the level of competence required by the ARDMS, ACR, and the Medical and Administrative Directors of Radiology.
- Maintains both quality and quantity of the patient workload at the professional level demonstrated in the department.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patients' medical history and selection of appropriate procedures and equipment required for proper diagnosis.
- Displays an understanding of procedures and equipment utilized throughout the department.
- The sonographer will be expected to perform general ultrasound imaging in radiology (abdomen, venous, OB, small parts & IR procedures).
- Capable of assessing the needs of each patient taking into consideration age, limitations, disabilities, and pain factors.
- Explains the procedure to the patient or significant other in a manner the patient or significant other can understand.
- Maintains patient confidentiality. Assists patients, physicians, hospital staff, and the public in a professional and friendly manner.
- Graduate of an AMA or CAHEA accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- Work Experience: 3 or more years of experience preferred.
- In addition to required entry level registries, the sonographer must demonstrate clinical competency in performance of abdomen, obstetric, and gynecologic, or vascular procedures.
- Good communication skills with patients and coworkers.
- Current BLS certification
- RDMS – Abdomen and OB/GYN (or registered within one year of hire)
- RVT (or registered within one year of hire)
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).