Business Systems Analyst
- - Info Com
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Serves as the primary contributor and consultant for business and finance areas in the planning, design, development, implementation, functionality and evaluation of integrated business information applications that support and enhance business practice, administrative and management needs and patient outcomes. Acts as the principle resource with business knowledge and/or application expertise to coordinate and provide support for all new and current applications and software upgrades applicable to the ancillary departments and other business applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for the analysis, design, testing, and implementation of the business information applications and solutions.
- Conducts assessments of the business environments and identifies implications for system implementations.
- Act as a facilitator for changes in the business applications for areas and applications assigned.
- Creates training materials and standard operating procedures for project implementations and system upgrades.
- Ability to maximize efficiencies of current applications and new system implementations.
- Learns the business processes of the particular units served and proactively brings solutions or process improvement ideas into the mix.
BUSINESS UNIT RELATIONSHIP:
- Establishes positive working relationships with customers served.
- Stakeholder management - identifies necessary stakeholders in the various units and keeps the lines of communication open.
- Learns the workflows/processes of the units served and proactively brings solutions or process improvement ideas into the mix.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Attend required training and meetings in order to retain appropriate skills and required competency.
- Job shadowing various departments may be necessary to understand department processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree from two-year College or technical school or equivalent experience required. Minimum of 4 years' experience in a healthcare setting and/or Information Technology, preferably a combination of clinical, business and technical skills. Meditech experience a plus. Ability to assist other team members with issues. Experience interacting with customers to gather and understand their business requirements.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and technical specifications. Ability to write routine correspondence, create meeting agendas and minutes. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work in highly stressful environment and communicate effectively with Hospital departmental business managers. Meditech dictionary training a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or casuistic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.