Senior Systems Engineer
- - Info Com
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Serves as the primary contributor in the planning, design, development, implementation, functionality and evaluation of integrated information systems and interfaces that support and enhance defined workflows/processes, administrative and management needs, and patient outcomes. Acts as the principle resource with technical knowledge and computer expertise to coordinate and provide support for new and current systems and software upgrades applicable to the information systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
SYSTEMS and INTERFACES:
- Responsible for the analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex information systems, interfaces and other solutions.
- Leads the development of standards for the Physical/VDI endpoint environment.
- Oversees and manages Physical/VDI endpoint deployment.
- Ability to maximize efficiencies of current applications and new system implementations.
- Leads all system integration by ensuring proper build, configuration and functional performance of interfaces between Meditech and other non-Meditech applications.
- Proactive monitoring of interfaces and interface performance with ability to identify problem areas and coordinate with necessary parties to resolve.
- Creates/updates required technical documentation in accordance with change control policy project management methodology and ticketing disciplines.
BUSINESS UNIT RELATIONSHIP:
- Establishes positive working relationships with customers served.
- Stakeholder management - identifies necessary stakeholders in the various units and keeps the lines of communication open.
- Learns the workflows/processes of the units served and proactively brings solutions or process improvement ideas into the mix.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Attend required training and meetings in order to retain appropriate skills and required competency.
- Job shadowing various departments may be necessary to understand department processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree from two-year College or technical school or equivalent experience required. Minimum of 8 years' experience in a healthcare setting and/or Information Technology. Interface experience required. Meditech experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and technical specifications. Ability to write routine correspondence, create meeting agendas and minutes. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work in highly stressful environment and communicate effectively with hospital departmental business managers. Meditech dictionary training a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or casuistic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.