WHMG Weight & Wellness Dietitian
- Wilson Health Medical Group - Wilson Health Medical Group - Surgical Services
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Weight and Wellness Dietitian for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Shift: Mon - Thurs: 8AM - 5PM, Fri: 8AM - 2PM
Position Reports to: Office Manager and Physician
The Weight and Wellness Dietitian is a full-time position providing professional dietary and nutritional counseling and education to the patients of Wilson Health. The goal of this role is to optimize patient outcomes, and to improve the quality of life of the morbidly obese population and general population in need of dietary counseling for specific disease processes through clinical and educational expertise. In addition to direct patient care, the dietitian is involved in assessing patients, formulating nutrition care plans, planning programs, implementing processes, coordinating care with other medical professionals (the Weight and Wellness team, and Wilson Staff) in accordance with Wilson Health's and Wilson Health Medical Group's policies, philosophy objectives, and standards. This position under the supervision of Wilson Health Medical Group Surgery Manager also works in conjunction with the Weight and Wellness Program's Medical Director/ Bariatric Surgeon, Bariatric Coordinator and insurance specialist and Administrative Managers to promote program volumes, foster success, and achieve the highest patient satisfaction.
- Regularly communicates with patients, referring providers, and the bariatric team using direct meetings, phone calls, email and secure texts in compliance with HIPaA.
- Assesses the bariatric surgery patients, medical weight management patients, and patients in need of general nutritional evaluations by screening the medical record, obtaining patients height and weight, and interviewing patients using diet recall, assessment of physical activity and dietary habits, reviewing emotional support issues, and by other means as necessary.
- Ensures accurate, organized and timely medical records in the electronic medical record.
- Counsels patients on dietary changes necessary to work toward bariatric surgery or medically supervised weight loss, assesses post-operative nutrition needs, effectiveness, and deficiencies by using subjective and objective data. Individualizes patient education and interventions
- Participates in weekly Team Conference, reviewing new patients, upcoming 6 months of patients and their readiness for surgery related to approval process, patient compliance, and assists in evaluating program effectiveness.
- Participates in Information Seminars, education, and Support Group programs by presenting at Seminars and Support Groups, Public Outreach Programs, and Pre-op Education including after hours and occasional Saturdays.
- Collaborates with other hospital and outpatient dietitians and staff to manage the nutritional needs of the patients and the community.
- Responsible for creating, performing and updating patient education/documentation for managing the nutritional needs of the patient using reputable sources. This includes developing presentations, handouts, support groups and programs for Wilson and for the community at large.
- Obtains continued medical education to stay current with the most recent nutrition-related trends and best practices and as required by the American Nutrition Association. Continually strives to advance knowledge and practice of clinical skills in bariatric nutrition and weight management, which may require further training or attendance at regional and national meetings such as the ASMBS.
- Other administrative duties include participation in hospital-wide in-services and trainings, serving on committees and serving as preceptor for students or interns.
Other duties as patient and program needs require.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licensure, Registration, and /or Certification Required:
Licensed Registered Dietitian as required by state law
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four-year college/Bachelor's degree or higher in dietetics and nutrition.
Requires training or experience working with patients, physicians, and staff in a Hospital or Medical Office Setting, or particular interest in care of the obese patient with willingness to learn
Prefer experience in the Clinic Setting
Prefer experience working with the morbidly obese population
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Excellent telephone, written, presentation, and Inter-personal Communication skills
Superior ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff, administration, surgeons, and other internal and external organizations
Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel) and computer skills
Superior knowledge, empathy, and sensitivity skills and abilities in understanding and working with the morbidly obese population
Displays a positive attitude and associated behaviors at all time
Serves as a role model to other staff members and patients
Possesses both an individual and team-based work style
Ability to educate, train, and supervise others
Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Flexibility, professionalism, attention to detail, and a focus on quality and quality improvement
Ability to work with little supervision
Knowledge of medical terminology, or ability to learn
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).