Case Management - Social Worker - Casual - Hours Vary
- - Case Management
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Social Worker for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Casual
Shift: 1st: 7:30AM – 4PM
Position Reports to: Supervisor of Case Management
Job Summary: According to established practice and professional standards, performs social work service and intervention including assessment, planning, counseling, discharge planning, community resource referral, and protective services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively and efficiently evaluate a patient's social, emotional and physical needs in relation to his/her health care needs and resulting discharge needs
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and implement a treatment modality to assist with the adjustment to illness, to help prevent dysfunctional patterns of interaction from developing which could interfere with long-term adjustment and treatment, and to address identified post-discharge needs.
- Performs assessment of assigned patients and establishes a plan of care appropriate to the age of the patients assigned. Those patients include the pediatric, adolescent, young-middle aged, adult, and geriatric patient.
- Provides counseling services to patients and/or significant others in individual, couple, family or group settings as necessary.
- Coordinates with Case Manager related to the discharge planning process of individual cases to promote discharge to safest possible environment
- LSW with a Bachelor's degree in Social Work required
- LISW with Master's Degree in Social Work preferred
- At least two (2) years experienced in discharge planning
- Become a Notary Public within 1 year of hire
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).