WHMG Billing Specialist
- - Wilson Health Medical Group
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Physician Billing Specialist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: : Wilson Health Medical Group, LLC began operating more than 20 years ago. Today, it is a rapidly growing network consisting of more than 45 healthcare providers in 12 locations including planned expansion throughout our local service area. WHMG has established itself as a key asset to its patients by offering specialties consisting of Family Medicine, General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, and ENT. Wilson Health Medical Group is affiliated with an integrated delivery system, Wilson Health.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week (80 hours a pay period)
Shift: 1st Shift
Position Reports to: CBO Manager of Wilson Health Medical Group (WHMG)
Job Summary: The Physician Billing Specialist is responsible for the billing of claims generated for work performed by physicians, suppliers, and other non-institutional providers for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a cooperative, professional relationship with network and hospital organization.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, patients', patient's families, outside agencies, the general public and physicians.
- Verify accuracy of captured revenue, collections and patient financial information on a daily basis of assigned offices, this includes but not limited to CPT, ICD9 coding, co-pay collected and insurance data gathered.
- Identify, track and make corrections as necessary in tandem with the office professional. Provide feedback of reoccurring issues to the team leader of low quality results for educational follow up.
- Responsible for daily assignment of manual and/or electronic payment and denial posting, while making accurate and appropriate contractual adjustments to governmental, managed care and commercial clams.
- Assist in monitoring contracted payments regularly through payment posting for discrepancies, and report to the Billing Services Administrator for appropriate follow up
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Minimum of one year experience and/or training in medical billing field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).