- - Supply Chain
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for creating purchase orders (manual and system generated), placing orders with vendors, including verifying/monitoring appropriate order quantity, pricing, and delivery time. Maintains and updates the contract system. Responsible for data entry related to duties listed below; perform duties of supply technician as needed for department coverage, administrative assistance and other duties as listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Responsible for general processing of purchase orders, both stock and non-stock for the health system's supplies and equipment as needed and resolves all discrepancies that may arise from respective purchases including returns. Includes confirmation of order receipt, documentation of confirmation, and follow up of receipt of order including back-orders.
- Reviews and updates item cost changes, catalogs, price lists, inventory records, files, product/vendor files in coordination with Strategic Buyer/Director.
- Updates and maintains the contract system.
- Expedites late orders, notifies departments of delays, and reconciliation of invoice discrepancies.
- Assists with oversight, lowest price substitutions and approvals for all office supply orders.
- Prepares documentation for and arranges with vendors for returns and repairs as needed.
- Must be able to perform all areas of responsibilities for coverage within department including performing role as Supply Technician and OR inventory as needed.
- Perform administrative assistance, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
General: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires that the individual will possess a high degree of computer literacy, preferably Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook email, and Excel. Excellent customer service skills. This position requires excellent writing and oral communication skills.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, and the general public.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and/or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Visual and Auditory Demands: All employees must possess adequate vision and hearing to safely perform their job functions. Employees involved in direct patient care must particularly have the hearing abilities to communicate with patients, to easily hear auditory alarms in order to assure patient safety. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.