Emergency Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Tech
- - Emergency
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Emergency Department Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Tech for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Emergency Department is a 20 bed ED unit with 14 cardiac monitored beds. The Emergency Department at Wilson Health has received national recognition for exceptionally quick treat release times for patients.
Employment Status: Casual
Shift: 6AM - 6PM
Position Reports to: Emergency Department Manager
Job Summary: The Emergency Department Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Tech (HUC/PCT) role combines the essential roles of the PCT and HUC into one role that will function based upon operational needs.
The PCT is a multi-skilled individual able to perform technical and clinical tasks/procedures under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and delegated in accordance with the Ohio Board of Nursing.
The HUC is pivotal in the overall function of the unit including registration, coordinating communication and data entry. Provides clerical assistance to physicians and staff. Provides direction and guidance to patients, families and visitors while promoting a positive patient experience. Tasks are performed under the oversight of the RN in coordination with other team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Registers patient to begin quick registration process, by obtaining name, age, primary care physician, and other demographic information required to complete the quick registration process, when necessary.
- Prepares ID bracelets and places the band on the Emergency patient.
Completes assigned treatments and procedures, under the direction of the Registered Nurse (Phlebotomy, EKG, etc)
- Assure open and timely communication with patients, their significant other, and team members to ensure the occurrence of effective therapeutic interventions.
- Answers telephone calls in a courteous and timely manner. Responds to all inquires or routes call to the appropriate person.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully completed an approved nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program or three to six months related hospital experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certification in BLS is required with 3 months of hire
- Excellent communication skills - telephone
- Personal computer skills - Windows / DOS
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills / record management
- Assist in the operation of office equipment or willingness to learn.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).