OR-Cath Lab Buyer
- - Supply Chain
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for general processing of purchase (manual and system generated), placing orders with vendors, including verifying/monitoring appropriate order quantity, pricing, and delivery time. The primary emphasis is on maintaining proper levels of Purchasing Controlled Inventory in the OR and Cath Lab, but also does storeroom and sub-inventories, places orders for all other inventories utilizing the Meditech system. Maintain accurate inventory records, coordinate purchase of inventory and non-stock items, and resolve all discrepancies; meets with vendors as required; coordinates new product trials within the facility. Reviews and updates as needed, catalogs, price lists, inventory records, files, product/vendor files. Clears vendors for contact/visits with Health System departments and obtains prices, quotes and other product information for user departments. Contract administration includes: contract system implementation, updating, and maintenance, monitoring party compliance, problem resolution; evaluation and analysis of GPO contract utilization and inclusion of Health System and; assessing satisfactory contract completion. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Coordinates the timely purchase of inventory and non-stock items for the health system, resolves all discrepancies that may arise from these purchases, and develops and nurtures beneficial vendor partnerships in regard to these purchases. Process purchase orders for replenishment of OR, Cath Lab, and Storeroom stock items and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment for assigned departments. Purchase items and services or negotiates contracts at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, and other factors.
- Coordinate procurement and expedited shipping of items from current distributors, local retailers or other medical facilities when emergency shortages occur.
- Resolves all discrepancies that may arise from respective purchases including daily monitoring of price changes including GHX. GHX website to be kept up-to-date with notes regarding completed follow up on any discrepancies.Verifies/monitors appropriate order quantity, pricing, and delivery time on all orders (inventory and non-stock). Enters data in to Materials Management Information System (MMIS) maintaining accurate inventory records and purchasing data. Processes daily purchase order receipts and completes and/or supervises updates to the Material Management database. Reviews all paperwork for accuracy and maintains appropriate document files.
- Utilizes electronic tools as necessary to procure items at lowest cost possible including, but not limited to, group purchasing organization websites such as Vizient and Intalere. Ensure contract compliance, verify contract pricing and evaluate cost saving opportunities.
- Expedites late orders, notifies departments of delays, and reconciliation of invoice discrepancies. Works closely with accounts payable to resolve invoice discrepancies and facilitate reconciliation. Maintains a sense of urgency meeting customer needs.
- Meet with vendors to obtain product information, review quotes, proposals and negotiate favorable pricing for assigned hospital departments. Screen new vendors, arrange meetings with appropriate departments as required and ensure vendor compliance with WH vendor policy. Monitors contract compliance, recommending action on problem situations and negotiating extensions of delivery schedules.
- Filing, reviewing contracts and interviewing sales personnel. Assist with contract administration includes: monitoring party compliance, problem resolution; evaluation and analysis of GPO contract utilization and inclusion of the Health System and; assessing satisfactory contract completion. Utilizing, implementing, and maintaining contract system.
- Prepares documentation for and arranges with vendors for returns and repairs as needed. Maintain good product flow via expediting, following up on returns, credits, and related items.
- In coordination with the Storeroom staff, this position is responsible for maintaining inventory within the OR, Cath Lab, and Storeroom; this includes placing timely orders in accordance with established re-order points and re-order quantities and/or to maintain proper inventory levels with the appropriate vendor and tracking all backorders, identifying and correcting variances by using such tools as cycle counting, location audits, and control group (test) counting. These responsibilities to be accomplished by 1/12th of inventory must be counted monthly; reviewing cycle count sheets for completion, variances of inventory must be identified and corrected; inventory variances should be kept to less than 10%. Research and process appropriate transactions to correct erroneous data or inventory counts. Assumes responsibility for inventory accuracy and control.
- Meets with vendors as required assuring hospital policy and contracting compliance. Assist Director in providing quotes, samples, product demonstrations and product information for all ancillary departments.
- Coordinates with the nursing departments new product or equipment trials. Reviews and researches new products, substitute products and quality improvement ideas for presentation the Value Analysis committee. Provides in-services to clinical departments and/or units regarding new equipment and/or products.
- Assists and provides coverage for Strategic Buyer and Procurement Specialist as needed
- Maintain knowledge of current market and product developments and locate new sources of supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Provides essential function coverage for other Materials Management positions as needed.
- Provides helpful and polite customer service when working with customers.
- Maintains a clean, neat and safe working environment.
¨ General: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires that the individual possess a high degree of computer literacy, preferably Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, and Outlook E-mail. This position requires excellent writing, customer service, and oral communication skills.
¨ Education: Associate's degree, Bachelor's preferred, and two to three years' experience as a buyer; Excellent computer skills, keyboard skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office products are required. One to three years' experience in a healthcare environment preferred. Certification as a CPM, CMRP, or CSCM preferred.
¨ Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, and the general public. This would primarily include young-middle aged adults, middle-aged adults, and geriatric.
¨ Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and/or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
¨ Visual and Auditory Demands: All employees must possess adequate vision and hearing to safely perform their job functions. Employees involved in direct patient care must particularly have the hearing abilities to communicate with patients, to easily hear auditory alarms in order to assure patient safety. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.