Medical Staff Specialist
- - Medical Staff
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Medical Staff Specialist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time (80 hours per pay)
Hours: 8AM – 5PM
Shift: 1st shift
Position Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Job Summary: Has responsibility for managing the reappointment process as well as maintaining the integrity of documents in the MSS database. The Specialist coordinates/supports multiple Medical Staff and non-Medical Staff committees. The Specialist plans, develops and recommends systems and processes to support efficient and effective day to day operations in MSS. The Specialist maintains professional relationships with providers ensuring needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages scheduling, documentation collection and verification and prepares individual packets for reappointment candidates per established MSS policies and procedures.
- Presents completed reappointment files to Department Chairs for review. Extracts reports, reviews and updates existing data in the Midas/Seeker database and incorporates scanned copies of documents into each provider's record and credentialing file.
- Utilizes external websites to manage the renewal of all required documentation, including but not limited to; Certificate of Malpractice Insurance, Ohio License, Ohio DEA License and Board Certifications.
- Manages critical updates and communications regarding status changes for providers i.e., suspensions, reinstatements, changes to delineation of privileges, etc.
- Manages annual scheduling and invitations, places food requests, prepares/assembles meeting documents, records and publishes minutes for applicable medical staff committees and meetings.
- Prepare agenda and minutes for weekly MSS staff meetings.
- Take minutes for meetings which may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Fulfill requests from members of the organization for reports utilizing the electronic database.
- Ensure integrity of electronic practitioner files in accordance with medical staff bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Schedule ad hoc meetings.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Medical Staff Services and Credentialing experience
- Hands On experience in databases (MIDAS+ experience is preferred)
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).