Lead Medical Records Specialist
- - Medical Records
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Lead Medical Records Specialist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift: 1st Shift (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
Position Reports to: Director of Revenue Operations
Job Summary: The Lead Medical Records Specialist works directly with other departments for process improvement and HIM compliance. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from hospital managers, staff members, physicians, physician offices, insurance companies, attorney offices, patients, patient families, and the general public.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gathers, prepares, and assembles documents to be stored electronically
- Creates digital images of documents that are stored electronically
- Performs quality review and analysis on completed charts
- Listens to live copies of speech dictation audio and transcribes to legal medical records.
- Answering phones, faxes and emails
- Completes correspondence/requests and release of patient information duties according to HIPAA, and state and federal rules and regulations
- Assists and works with clinics and other clients to provide records
- Sends, receives and/or processes sensitive information and reports in accordance with established procedures; provides timely and accurate release of medical information
- Customers include patients, hospital staff, clinics, physicians, hospitals, lawyers, courts, government entities, and insurance companies.
- Provides help to clinical staff with completion of documents and charts
- Works with physicians during chart completion process
- Retrieves medical records from an offsite chart storage facility when needed
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards
- Provides and accepts written and oral communication to and from professional staff regarding patient concerns so that proper resolution may be rendered for the benefit of the patient and organization.
- Fully participates in team meetings where patients and clinical staff could be better serviced and supported
- Maintains close and professional working relationship with all staff within the facility
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Develop, update, and review current policies
- Manage daily metrics
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Completion of Medical Secretary Program preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Suite, Adobe, and Windows
- Proficient typing skills at a minimum of 50 WPM
- Knowledge/background with medical terminology
- Attention to detail with superior organizational skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy regulations and practices
- Proficient with copying, scanning, and faxing
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).