Provider Recruitment Specialist
- - Wilson Health Medical Group
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Provider Recruitment Specialistis primarily responsible for the direct recruitment of physicians and mid-level providers for Wilson Health and for Wilson Health Medical Group. The Provider Recruitment Specialist is a highly visible position that is always responsible for creating a positive impression.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and uphold Wilson Health's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Working as a team with the Vice President, this position is responsible for Medical Staff recruiting functions including physician and Advanced Practice Providers (APP) searches, sourcing candidates, initial screening, interviewing, presentation of candidates, scheduling and participating in on-site visits and post-site follow up. Evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
- Guided by the Medical Staff Development Plan and with input from the Wilson Health Executive Leadership Team, the Specialist will assist in analyzing the job market, forecasting employment needs, developing an annual recruitment plan to support planned/current hiring activity and ensuring adherence to medical staffing objectives.
- Assist in the development of real-time, creative strategies to improve overall productivity of the recruiting team to address the special needs of both employed physicians (any physician receiving W-2 wages from Wilson Health) as well as independent private practice physicians who support Wilson Health (as self-employed professionals).
- Assist in the implementation of a diverse recruiting plan for openings within the medical center and the community
- Help expand the pool of high quality physician candidates, utilizing a variety of creative and contemporary sourcing strategies including regional recruitment collaboratives, the internet, social networking, direct mail, program directors, medical journal advertising, marketing, and alumni organizations.
- Help design initial screening tools including standard interview questions and interview feedback forms.
- Work closely with Wilson Health Marketing to create effective marketing tools.
- Provide exceptional customer service and suggest service level standards and accountabilities within the recruitment function.
- Help create measurement systems and ensure the systematic collection and analysis of such data (e.g. cost per hire, applicant flow data, ROI, etc.) in order to make operational/business decisions that affect both staffing and continuous process improvement for the physician recruitment efforts.
- Understand and respond to changing market conditions, work – life balance, and career goals of Physician and APP candidates. Demonstrate an ability to see the candidates' perspective on recruiting opportunities and adjust our tactics accordingly to meet the dynamics of the situation.
- Help develop retention goals and stay intimately involved in the first 6 months of any new hire physician.
- Provide support and analysis in physician and APP succession planning & other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERFORMS ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS ASSIGNED WITHIN SCOPE OF THE RESPONSIBILITY.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree or other equivalent Degree in Healthcare, Finance or general business administration, or certification as a physician recruiter preferred. Candidates with significant experience in a high volume, customer service role that requires face-to-face interaction with senior professionals may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations. Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff at higher education environments. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel including overnight travel will be required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.