Sleep Lab Tech
- - Sleep Lab
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Sleep Lab Tech for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Respiratory team performs diagnostic cardiopulmonary assessments and any respiratory therapy treatments that are needed for any patient in any departments of the hospital. A respiratory therapist does attend all births as well. Majority of the patients are inpatient.
Employment Status: Casual
Shift: 3rd: 6:30PM – 7AM
Position Reports to: Administrative Director of Laboratory and Respiratory Services
Job Summary: Performs the evaluation, treatment, assessment of treatment effectiveness, and the care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with sleep-related respiratory disturbances. Is performed and under the supervision of the Sleep Center Medical Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews medical information and sleep study orders to determine completeness of required documentation and become familiar with potential study requirements/parameters.
- Collects data from the patient by observation and interview to verify background information and identify patient-specific needs during testing (such as physical/mental limitations, current emotional/psychological status, pertinent medical/social history, spouse/family member, etc.)
- Analyzes and integrate collected information in order to perform an appropriate sleep study, meet patient's special requirements and determine final testing procedures.
- Explains pre-testing, testing and post-testing procedures to the patient. Explain all polysomnographic procedures and home sleep tests in terms appropriate for the patient's age and mental or cognitive status. Formulates a patient teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning.
- Observes calibration tracings to verify signals are artifact-free and make any necessary adjustments. Performs appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals.
- Follows procedural protocols (PSG, MSLT, MWT, CPAP titrations, etc.) to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Successful completion of an accredited education program leading to a certificate or associate degree with an emphasis in sleep technology OR successful completion of a sleep technology program associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited education facility or equivalent experience and documented proficiency for all competencies required of a sleep technician AND certification by a nationally recognized certification board and holds either the Registered Sleep Technologist(RST), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist(RPSGT) , or Sleep Disorders Specialist(SDS) credential.
- Current certifications in BLS and successful completion of Rhythm Analysis Training.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).