WHMG Certified Nurse Practitioner
- - Wilson Health Medical Group
- Sidney, OH, USA
An immediate opportunity exists for a dynamic Nurse Practitioner for the Wilson Health Medical Group (WHMG), the provider practice part of the Wilson Health network located in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health Medical Group, LLC began operating more than 20 years ago. Today, it is a rapidly growing network consisting of more than 45 healthcare providers in 12 locations including planned expansion throughout our local service area. With 40 million in gross revenue, WHMG has established itself as a key asset to its patients by offering specialties consisting of Family Medicine, General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, and ENT. Wilson Health Medical Group is affiliated with an integrated delivery system, Wilson Health which includes a 90 bed acute care hospital.
Employment Status: Full Time, Part Time, Casual
Hours: Depending on Employment Status
Position Reports to: Vice President of WHMG
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Nurse Practitioner assesses normal and abnormal findings based on the medical history, physical examination, and laboratory tests, as required.
- Is proficient in the ordering and interpretation of EKGs, laboratory testing, and x-ray examinations showing simple fractures and is able to recognize the need for seeking consultation.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates results of care. Is able to recognize injuries and care requiring immediate or urgent consultation and which lie outside the reasonable care provided in a family practice setting.
- Provides counseling and education to patients on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Consults with collaborating physicians(s) or any consultants or members of the health care team, as may be required for acute or ongoing care. Arranges for consultation when needed and assures that adequate patient records are transferred upon referral.
- Prescribes medications within the limits outlined for Nurse Practitioners by the laws in the State of Ohio.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner in the State of Ohio
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Comfort with minor procedures strongly preferred.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Salaried and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Our independence and connection to the community is unique in a world where "Big Healthcare" strives to act more like corporations. Wilson Health chooses to remain independent because we believe that is best for you and the communities we serve.