- - Pharmacy
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Certified Pharmacy Technician for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Pharmacy provides the necessary medications for patients. The Pharmacy staff is responsible for stocking the PYXIS in all units throughout the hospital. The Pharmacy also offers to fill prescriptions for Wilson Health employees.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 1st shift
Position Reports to: Director of Pharmacy
Job Summary: Under the supervision and direction of a staff pharmacist, performs technical tasks involved with the proper storage, distribution, and packaging of drugs, that are dispensed to patients and the tasks associated with record keeping, and patient charging.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately select, label, and place medications in appropriate patient drawer or nursing care area.
- Delivers unit dose medications to patient care areas and/or automated dispensing technology in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurately prepares IV's using sterile aseptic technique. Compounding total parenteral nutrition solutions, large-volume intravenous mixtures, Preparing chemotherapeutic agent.
- Assists with management of drug stock including, but not limited to, shelving new drugs stock (with proper rotation of items), arranging stock and organizing storage areas, documenting the need for ordering items, checking for outdates and maintaining proper documentation and record keeping.
- Ensures that drug items are appropriately billed to proper patient or department in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be a Certified Pharmacy Technician
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).