Detox Intake Coordinator
- - Detox Center
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
New Visions at Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Detox Intake Coordinator for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8AM – 5PM
New Visions at Wilson Health is looking for a personable, result oriented and confident individual to fulfill the role of Intake Coordinator to help ensure new patients are receiving an excellent onboarding experience at Wilson Health. The intake coordinator is also responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision™ service, screen potential patients, assists them with their questions and concerns, and initiates discharge planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage patient onboarding process from phone inquiry, initiating eligibility verification, scheduling intake, through performing patient assessment
- Communicate with physicians and nursing staff as it pertains to patient assessment and continued stay
- In facility round and follow up calls on patients daily according to policy and procedure
- Complete discharge plans with patient's involvement
- Maintain HIPPA
- Reporting of daily census to corporate office
- Perform community outreach telephone calls daily to various agencies
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field preferred along with and minimum of at least three (2) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Understanding of documentation pertaining to healthcare, while maintaining HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Must be a team player that is willing to accept and promote goals with minimal supervision and have the ability to assist and support others
- Ability to problems solve through data analysis, integrate new ideas or processes, and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as an understanding of email and attachments.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, mange competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
New Visions/SpecialCare Hospital Management is a healthcare company that focuses on helping people break through the cycle of addiction. SpecialCare partners with acute care hospitals across the country to provide medical stabilization & withdrawal symptom management services. Each client hospital maintains on-site staff that are trained in intakes and conducting community education and outreach activities.
New Visions/SpecialCare Hospital Management is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.