Registered Respiratory Therapist- $12,500 Sign-On/Retention Bonus
- - Cardiopulmonary
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Registered Respiratory Therapist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Respiratory team performs diagnostic cardiopulmonary assessments and any respiratory therapy treatments that are needed for any patient in any departments of the hospital. A respiratory therapist does attend all births as well. Majority of the patients are inpatient.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 7PM - 7AM
Shift: 3rd shift (12 hour shifts)
Position Reports to: Director of Laboratory and Respiratory Services
Job Summary: Performs the evaluation of cardiopulmonary function, the treatment of cardiopulmonary impairment, the assessment of treatment effectiveness, and the care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and administer the following treatment modalities: medicated aerosol's (med neb), IPV, incentive spirometry, chest physical therapy, sputum induction, continuous nebulizer therapy, and metered dose inhalers.
- Set up, administer, and monitor all types of oxygen/humidity delivering devices and therapeutic modalities, including masks, cannulas, oxygen hoods, face tents, trach masks, and t-piece's.
- Set up and monitor all aspects of mechanical ventilation and non-invasive mask ventilation and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Assists with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation, and extubation as needed.
- Perform diagnostic procedures as needed, to include but not limited to: arterial blood gases, electrocardiograms, pulse oximetry, peak flow monitoring, EEG's, and pulmonary function testing.
- Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis as assigned or required. Assembles, inspects, and tests all equipment to ensure that it is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Successfully completed an AMA approved educational program for Respiratory Therapist
- Must have an active license by the State of Ohio as a Respiratory Care Professional
- Registered or registry eligible by the NBRC
- Current certifications in BLS, ACLS, and NRP
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).