Emergency Patient Care Tech (PCT)
- - Emergency
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Emergency Department Patient Care Technician (PCT) for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Emergency Department is a 20 bed ED unit with 14 cardiac monitored beds. The Emergency Department at Wilson Health has received national recognition for exceptionally quick treat release times for patients.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours a week (72 hours per pay period)
Shift: 1st shift (6am – 6pm)
Position Reports to: Emergency Department Manager
Job Summary: The Emergency Department Patient Care Technician is responsible for administering bedside nursing care and performs general unit duties under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the patient on his / her assigned unit. The patient population would include: the neonate patient, the pediatric patient, the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, and the geriatric patient.
- Responsibilities include phlebotomy and EKG on the assigned units.
- The Patient Care Technician shall under the direction of the RN, carry out assigned treatments and procedures. The Patient Care Technician shall be competent and current; adhering to established standards of practice and will engage in activities or behaviors that characterize professionals.
- The Patient Care Technician shall provide care based on ethical concepts, respect for life dignity, human worth and the individuality of human beings.
- Greets patients and visitors as they arrive to the triage desk.
- Assists triage RN with patient and visitor flow into the department while utilizing customer service focus.
- Performs additional duties as assigned within the scope of the department.
- Successfully completed an approved nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program or three to six months related hospital experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) if hired since 1/88. Prior to January 1988, high school graduate or GED preferred.
- Current certification in BLS is required.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).