- - Laboratory
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Part Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Medical Technologist/Medical Lab Scientist/Medical Lab Technician for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: At Wilson Health there is a full service lab that provides to all areas of the hospital. Inpatient is majority of the therefore, phlebotomy duties are required when needed.
Employment Status: Part Time
Hours: 40 hours biweekly
Shift: 2:30PM - 11PM, Every 3rd weekend & holiday
Position Reports to: Director of Laboratory and Respiratory Services
Job Summary: To perform all routine or complex laboratory procedures, and additional laboratory management functions that may be assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general or specialized specimen acquisition and test procedures, modifying procedures where indicated and have good problem solving skills.
- Set up and maintain technical equipment, work areas and systems, and records.
- Assess or interpret test results, technical literature, and maintenance data.
- Set up, monitor, and interpret quality control systems.
- Recognize, investigate, and solve technical, operational, and equipment problems.
- Must be able to interact and perform standard specimen collection procedures effectively on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients, understanding and reacting effectively to their individual and unique needs on an as needed basis.
- Must have at minimum an associate of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, related science or clinical discipline and completion of accredited technologist program.
- Registered or registry eligible by ASCP and if registry eligible at time of hire must pass exam within 18 months of hire date to remain employed.
- The employee must successfully complete an orientation checklist and satisfactory performance assessment within 3 months of hire date.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).