RN Infection Preventionist
- - Quality Management
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire RN - Infection Preventionist/Employee Health Nurse for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (80 hours per pay period)
Position Reports to: Quality/Risk Management Director
Job Summary: Directs and coordinates infection prevention program in hospital
by identifying and investigating conditions that require infection prevention processes, policies and procedures. Advises and consults with physicians, nurses, and hospital personnel concerning precautions to be taken to protect patients, staff, and other persons from possible contamination or infection. Includes involvement with infection control risk assessments for construction and remodeling projects at Wilson Health.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and monitors the infection prevention process within the hospital by identifying and investigating conditions that require infection prevention procedures.
- Advises and consults with physicians, nurses, and hospital personnel concerning precautions to be taken to protect patients, staff, and other persons from possible contamination or infection. Includes involvement with infection control risk assessments for construction and remodeling projects at Wilson.
- Prepares agenda and all pertinent infection prevention and employee health information to be presented to the Infection Prevention Committee. Provides data on hospital-acquired infections and trend for hospital wide patterns.
- Provides education to employees and medical staff with regard to infection prevention, universal precautions, bloodborne pathogens and other health information related to their employment.
Complete CMS flu reporting through NHSN. Responsible for directing annual flu vaccine program, ordering supplies/vaccine, developing flyers/communication, bulletin board, etc. Work with OHS to implement program. Coordinate WH flu exemption review committee as needed.
Develop and maintain statistical data of infections to monitor for patterns of concern. Rounding to monitor adherence to policy and procedure and to be a resource for front line staff.
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Ohio
- Bachelor of Science Nursing degree preferred
- Previous experience as an Employee Health/Infection Preventionist in a healthcare setting preferred
- Certification in Infection Control preferred upon hire or required within 3 years of employment.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).