- - Home Health & Hospice
- Sidney, OH, USA
The nursing assistant under the direction and supervision of the clinical supervisor and/or registered nurse provides client care according to the client plan of care in the client's place of residence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works under the direction of the RN to assist in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the client.
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in meeting the physical needs of the Home Care clients by performing nursing aide duties (baths, changing linens, shaving, oral hygiene, skin care, nail and hair care transfers with a Hoyer lift).
- Provides general nursing care positioning, lifting, ambulation, assist with medications which are ordinarily self administer.
- Assists with meals and feeding of clients as necessary.
- Teaches personal hygiene.
- Reports any changes in the client's condition, behavior and reports these and/or other incidents R.N. and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Under the direction of an RN carries out assigned therapeutic measures.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records, and returns to office in timely fashion.
- Performs assigned treatments and procedures (enemas, foot soaks, peri care, catheter care, ROM exercises etc.)
- Collects specimens according to hospital policy and procedures and transports specimens to the appropriate department when necessary.
- Insures safety of the client's environment.
- Insures that necessary client safety precautions are taken.
- Participates in activities to maintain a safe & clean environment.
- Performs assigned home maintenance tasks including but not limited to light housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry services, errands, dusting, mopping, vacuum, sweeping, clean outside appliances, counters and cabinets, washing dishes, clean ovens, defrosting and cleaning refrigerators, and washing and drying clothes.
- Is aware of and functions within the guidelines of the hospital policy and procedure manual, disaster/fire manual, and the infection control manual.
- Functions as a co-operative member of the Health Care Team.
- Understands and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Co-operates and communicates with other personnel to maintain effective relationships within the hospital departments, with other community resource agencies and with the client and/or family.This includes the age groups, neonatal, pediatrics, adolescence, young-middle- aged adults and geriatric.
- Is economical in the utilization
- Completes assignments in a timely manner, including duties assigned shifts, weekend and holidays.
- Demonstrates maturity and is capable of working independently in varied home settings.
- Promotes good working relationships among staff & other departments: treats everyone with respect & courtesy.
- Demonstrates Service Plus skills.
- Respects patient/employee confidentiality.
- Displays a professional team-oriented behavior
- Responds positively to supervisor's direction professionally accepting guidance.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to new tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
- Has individually or served on a team to improve efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or GED required.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) training and complete competency for Home Care experience.
Completed and up to date on training in CPR.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to read and understand the written treatment care plan, write and carry out instructions; and communicate with clients and/or families and emergency personnel. Demonstrates interest in and empathy with the home care client and family members. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with clients, families and coworkers.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Maintain use of client household and home care/client equipment and supplies. Possess a valid Ohio driver's license, a car available for work and appropriate vehicle insurance. Administering, recording and reporting in relation to patient care and Continuous Quality Management activities and effective use of time management in all activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Versatile task rotations in diverse home situations. Relatively pleasant but frequent exposure to unpleasant sight, sounds, and odors. Duties assigned shift(s), weekends, and holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.