Home Health - State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) - Full Time - 1st Shift
- - Home Health & Hospice
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Home Health & Hospice Care is designed to provide comprehensive healthcare to patients in their own home on a temporary basis. The care is provided under the direction of a physician, and the goal is to help patients regain their independence after an illness, injury or hospitalization. The goal for patients with chronic illnesses may be to keep them at home safely and as pain-free as possible. Services provided are Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health Aide Care, Social Worker Care, Physical Therapy Care, Occupational Therapy Care, and Speech Therapy Care.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 8AM - 5PM
Position Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
Job Summary: The State Tested Nursing Assistant under the direction and supervision of the clinical supervisor and/or registered nurse provides client care according to the client plan of care in the client's place of residence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the RN to assist in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the client.
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in meeting the physical needs of the Home Care clients by performing nursing aide duties (baths, changing linens, shaving, oral hygiene, skin care, nail and hair care transfers with a Hoyer lift).
- Provides general nursing care positioning, lifting, ambulation, assist with medications which are ordinarily self-administered.
- Assists with meals and feeding of clients as necessary.
- Reports any changes in the client's condition, behavior and reports these and/or other incidents to the R.N. and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records, and returns to office in timely fashion nder the direction of an RN carries out assigned therapeutic measures.
- Collects specimens according to hospital policy and procedures and transports specimens to the appropriate department when necessary.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) training and complete competency for Home Care experience.
- Completed and up to date on training in CPR
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).