Sterile Processing Tech
- - Sterile Central
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Sterile Processing Technician for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health offers a wide variety of surgical services with highly qualified staff and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. On average, the department performs more than 4,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries and other procedures annually in the fields of gynecology, orthopedics, ophthalmology, general surgery, ear, nose and throat surgery, urology, podiatry, plastic surgery and endoscopy, as well as radiology interventional procedures.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week (80 hours per pay period)
Shift: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Position Reports to: Perioperative Services Nurse Manager
Job Summary: The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for maintaining high standards for decontamination, assembly, inspecting, wrapping and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Surgical Services and ancillary departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes specialized surgical/medical supplies and equipment
- Performs cleaning and sterilization/decontamination on reusable medical equipment, and prepares packs of supplies, linens, and instruments for surgical cases and distributes as needed
- Provide inspection for visible physical damage and reports such damage appropriately for immediate repair/replacement direction
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot the operations of steam sterilizers, ETO, Sterrrad NX, Washer/sanitizer and sonic equipment
- Maintain computerized detailed lists of various trays and their components
- Ensures that necessary patient safety precautions are taken
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of Sterile Processing Tech I experience preferred
- Prefer basis computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Certified in Sterile Processing from a nationally recognized professional association preferred. [Certified Registered Central Services Technician (CRCST through International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management.]
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).