- - Laboratory
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Phlebotomist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: AtWilson Health there is a full service lab that provides to all areas of the hospital.
Employment Status: Casual
Position Reports to: Administrative Director of Laboratory and Respiratory Services
Job Summary: To perform specimen collection, processing and other support functions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interprets orders and specimen or test preparation requirements, instructs patients or nursing personnel, prepares requisitions or enters orders and other data into Laboratory Information System. Monitors orders for specimen collection in LIS.
- Collects venous and capillary blood specimens, and nasal swabs. Must be able to interact with and perform standard specimen collection procedures effectively on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, understanding and reacting effectively to their individual and unique needs.
- Responsible for communicating with reference laboratory
- Responsible for knowing how to collate, route and distribute reports and other correspondence and materials as required.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of phlebotomy work areas and equipment such as workbenches, specimen collection trays, refrigerators and storage sites.
- Maintains supply of specimen collection and processing materials.
- Formal phlebotomy training with certification or comparable program certification which includes phlebotomy training required.
- The employee must successfully complete an orientation checklist and satisfactory performance assessment within 3 months of hire date.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).