Cardiac Cath Lab RN ***$12,500 Sign On/Retention Bonus***
- - Cardiac Cath Lab
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Cardiac Catheterization Lab Registered Nurse for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours a week, 4 days, 9-hour shifts
Shift: 1st shift – Will be required to participate in the department call rotation. Required to be able to respond and be onsite within 30 minutes.
Position Reports to: Director of Cardiovascular Services
Job Summary: The Cardiac Catheterization Registered Nurse assists in cardiac catheterizations as well as vascular and other interventional procedures. Performs emergency procedures associated with catheterization procedures such as IABP and temporary pacer insertion. Follows established standards and practice. Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to pre-operative, post-operative, ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons in the hospital setting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform pertinent, accurate assessments and determines the total nursing needs of assigned patients (The Young-Middle Aged Adult Patient, and The Geriatric Patient)
- Collaborate with the physician, family, team members, and other hospital departments in developing and implementing a comprehensive plan of care for each patient.
- Interviews patient and/or significant other and completes initial assessments in a timely manner.
- Develops, updates, and evaluates individualized age specific plan of care including goals, nursing actions, expected outcome, and evaluation.
- Participate in the patient/family education process. Evaluate and modify the plan of care based upon observable responses of the patient and attainment of patient goals.
- Demonstrates Service Orientation through the actions of listening to and understanding the patient and their families, while anticipating patient needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Assure open and timely communication with patients, significant others, and health care team members to ensure the occurrence of effective therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrate clinical competency in the areas of pre-admission testing, pre-operative, intra-operative, and postoperative care through the application of the Nursing Process while adhering to established standards of practice, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate professionalism by developing and maintaining clinical competence, positive communication with health team members, and knowledge of current cardiac/interventional trends and developments. Actively contributes to creating a work culture that values collaboration and teamwork.
- Collaborate with health care team members to address quality and nursing practice issues.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing and identifying potential and actual patient problems, collecting accurate data, and implementing a plan of care.
- Implements a plan of care based on assessment data as well as a sound knowledge base.
- Initiates discharge planning to meet patient needs. This includes patient/family teaching.
- Evaluates and modifies the plan of care based on observable responses by the patient and attainment of patient goals.
- Recognizes signs and symptoms requiring intervention and initiates appropriate action.
- Provides functional work directions to other nursing personnel, such as licensed practical nurses, unit clerks, nursing assistants.
- Guides radiology techs, unit clerks, ORA's, and others in the provision of care for the patients.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Maintains certification in BLS and ACLS.
Previous Critical Care Experience
Current license as R.N. in the state of Ohio.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career. EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer).
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
Wilson Health's mission is to improve the health and wellness of our communities by delivering compassionate, quality care. Our vision is to be a trusted, nationally-recognized leader of innovative, collaborative, community health.