- Wilson Health Medical Group - Wilson Health Medical Group - Billing Office
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Billing Specialist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week (80 Hours a pay period)
Position Reports to: Patient Accounts Director
Job Summary: Under the directions of the Director of Patient Accounts the Medicare Billing Specialist releases Medicare/Medicare HMO and MSP (Medicare Secondary payer) claims electronically and mails hard copy UB/1500 claims as required. The Medicare Billing Specialist will follow up on unpaid claims and rebill or Appeal claims as indicated. Medicare billing specialist works the Medicare On-Line system for rejections and pended claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily assignment of manual and/or electronic payment and denial posting, while making accurate and appropriate contractual adjustments to governmental, managed care and commercial clams.
- Verify accuracy of captured revenue, collections and patient financial information on a daily basis of assigned offices, this includes but not limited to CPT, ICD-10 coding, co-pay collected and insurance data gathered.
- Assist in monitoring contracted payments regularly through payment posting for discrepancies, and report to the Billing Services Administrator for appropriate follow up.
- Efficient utilization of Wilson Health Medical Group software for follow up on assigned claims that are partially or unpaid over 45 days. Follow up includes but not limited to insurance reviews, phone or paper, refunds, necessary research to ensure complete resolution of claim payment.
- Share responsibility with co-workers including:
- Bank Run and mail pick up two times a week, or as needed
- Daily claims validation, preparation of electronically and paper, to bill for reimbursement
- Working the held claim list
- Preparing payment batches for posting the following day
- The ability to communicate with a professional friendly personality to the customer is essential.
- Internet skills and the ability to navigate through different systems.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the origination.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Our independence and connection to the community is unique in a world where "Big Healthcare" strives to act more like corporations. Wilson Health chooses to remain independent because we believe that is best for you and the communities we serve.