Home Health & Hospice RN
- - Home Health & Hospice
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire RN (Nurse) for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Home Health & Hospice Care is designed to provide comprehensive healthcare to patients in their own home on a temporary basis. The care is provided under the direction of a physician, and the goal is to help patients regain their independence after an illness, injury or hospitalization. The goal for patients with chronic illnesses may be to keep them at home safely and as pain-free as possible. Services provided are Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health Aide Care, Social Worker Care, Physical Therapy Care, Occupational Therapy Care, and Speech Therapy Care.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (80 hours per pay period)
Position Reports to: Director
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the clinical care of the client in the client's place of residence utilizing the nursing process, following established policies and procedures and correlated and in support of the medical plan for care. Coordinates the case management and documentation progress of the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses the nursing process and performs initial holistic nursing assessment of the client.
- Establishes short and long term goals, provide skilled nursing service in the home.
- Documents Oasis accurately and completely.
- Completes Necessary forms required for payer billing.
- Assesses safety of the patient environment.
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care based on nursing assessment and oasis.
- Completes all Referral forms to appropriate referrals.
Performs assigned treatment and procedures
Accurately records observations, interventions and patient teaching, according to Home Care/Hospice policies.
Ensures necessary adjustments for safety in the home.
Supervises Nursing Assistants according to policy.
Records and follows physician orders accurately.
Assumes responsibility for insuring continued professional growth for improvement of client care.
Develops and maintains the skills and knowledge for the specific Home Care population.
TEACHING & EDUCATION:
- Reviews, teaches and administers medications in a safe and timely manner.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health teaching and provides patient education.
- Utilization of clinical pathways.
- Completes Oasis follow-up assessment q 57-60 days for re-evaluation of the client.
- Attends Home Health/Hospice Team Conferences and Unit meetings as scheduled and participates in case management for clients.
FUNCTIONS AS A COOPERATIVE TEAM MEMBER:
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with clients, families and co-workers.
- Reports any change in the client's condition to the physician and/or supervisor.
- Understands and maintains client confidentiality.
- On call for all components of Home Care, including Home Health, and Hospice. Assumes responsibility for weekends and Holidays as scheduled, meeting the need for varied working hours to meet individual client needs.
- Promotes good working relationships among staff & other departments: treats everyone with respect & courtesy.
- Demonstrates Service Plus skills
- Respects patient/employee confidentiality.
- Displays a professional team-oriented behavior.
- Responds positively to supervisor's direction professionally accepting guidance.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to new tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
- Has individually or served on a team to improve work processes to improve efficiency.
- Work process improved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing. Current license as Registered Nurse. Minimum of three years nursing experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and understand the written treatment care plan, write and carry out instructions and communicate with clients and/or families and emergency personnel. Demonstrates interest in and empathy with the home care client and family members. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with clients, families and co-workers. Requires ability to utilize nursing process, case management skills with the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written manner. Motor coordination and manual dexterity needed to perform nursing procedures. Mental stress incurred in meeting workload demands.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires ability to utilize nursing process, case management skills and nursing procedures with the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written manner. Demonstrates interest in and empathy with the Home Health/Hospice client and family members. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with clients, families and co-workers.
For Equipment: Maintain use of client household and Home Care/client equipment and supplies.
For Work of Other: Provides supervision for work of other nursing personnel such as LPN's and nursing assistants.
For Accuracy: Administering, recording and reporting in relation to client care. Charging for supplies.
Contact with Others: Has contact with clients, families, physicians, and other disciplines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Has physical ability necessary for standing, lifting and pushing/pulling. Must have physical health necessary to perform in versatile task rotations and diverse home situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Versatile task rotations in diverse home situations. Relatively pleasant but frequent exposure to unpleasant sights, sounds and odors. Duties assigned and holidays according to rotation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.