- - Finance
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Part Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Payroll Accountant for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Finance Department is responsible for managing the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, and payroll.
Employment Status: Part Time
Hours: 56 hours per pay period
Shift: 1st Shift
Position Reports to: Controller
Job Summary: The Payroll Accountant obtains and verifies financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing of biweekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner, enter, maintain, and/or process information in the automated payroll.
- Audit data entered for completeness and accuracy and appropriately follows up on inaccurate data.
- Process historical edit information from time and attendance system by processing adjustments, overpayments, and supplemental check requests.
- Research issues for payroll earnings, deductions, taxes, leave balances, benefits and general ledger.
- Payroll information maintenance: set up direct deposit, set up deductions, and enter tax changes.
- Kronos Administration: Kronos setup for new hires, status changes and terminations; review time sheets in Kronos.
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including assisting with various system implementation and upgrades.
- Participate in the integration of payroll function.
- Special projects and opportunities as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Evaluates, assesses and responds promptly to customer inquiries through phone and email.
- Maintains a relationship with HR partners and external vendors.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Associate degree from college or technical school and three years of related payroll accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Kronos experience highly preferred.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).