Home Health Secretary
- - Home Health & Hospice
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Home Health & Hospice Secretary for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Home Health & Hospice Care is designed to provide comprehensive healthcare to patients in their own home on a temporary basis. The care is provided under the direction of a physician, and the goal is to help patients regain their independence after an illness, injury or hospitalization. The goal for patients with chronic illnesses may be to keep them at home safely and as pain-free as possible. Services provided are Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health Aide Care, Social Worker Care, Physical Therapy Care, Occupational Therapy Care, and Speech Therapy Care.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week (80 hours per pay period)
Shift: 1st shift (8:30am-5pm)
Position Reports to: Director
Job Summary: Performs secretarial duties and medical records for home care and hospice.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs office functions/receptionist duties answering phones, typing, coping, faxing, texting and scanning
- Answer telephone and give factual information pertaining to Wilson Health Home Care and Hospice according to the nature of the questions and within guidelines of hospital regulations.
- Attend and document daily morning meeting
- Register labs daily and register new patient charts as needed
- Hospice DME ordering and tracking
- Setting up meetings – Nursing Home Liaison Meeting and Professional Advisory Committee Meeting.
- Sending out invitations and minutes, booking conference rooms and arranging for food through dietary
- Fax referrals to appropriate disciplines
- Aide scheduling as needed.
- Obtaining Insurance authorization
- Review documents for accuracy, signatures and dates before scanning into the medical record.
- Physician orders, printing, sending, tracking and follow-up phone calls or e-mails until they are back in the office and marked received in the computer
- Liaison between the billing office and nurses in getting needed orders written
- ADR (Additional Document Requests from Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances) Printing, organizing and preparing documentation for review by supervisor before it is sent to the requesting agency
- High School Diploma
- Some college preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology required
- Previous health related insurance billing experience and/or electronic medical records knowledge required
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).