- - Nursing Administration
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire RN Supervisor for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Casual
Position Reports to: Director of Nursing
Job Summary: The RN Supervisor is responsible for supervising the delivery of patient care for his/her assigned shift. Responsible for providing leadership and direction for hospital personnel on duty.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative responsibilities on specified shift(s).
- Carries out administrative responsibilities as assigned and directed.
- Keeps CNO and department managers informed of departmental activities during day, evening, or night shift.
- Communicates with nurse managers and directors frequently regarding issues or concerns about specific departments.
- Insures compliance to established policies and procedures, standards of performance and productivity, quality assurance, environmental safety, infection control, and other regulatory requirements.
- Interprets policies and procedures, standards, etc. to nursing and hospital staff, patients, families and insures compliance with these.
- Solves problems and grievances or channels them to the appropriate authority.
- Makes independent decisions when there is no established policy or regulation to meet the situation or circumstance.
- Participates in the hospital and nursing QAPI process.
- Directs and supervises nursing staff and patient care on specified shift(s).
- Provides assistance with care when appropriate to the following population(s): the neonate patient, the pediatric patient, the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, the geriatric patient.
- Adjusts staffing as need arises and calls in replacement personnel as necessary.
- Assigns duties and evaluates work performance of nursing/hospital staff on specified shift.
- Makes recommendations for personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions transfers, and disciplinary actions.
- Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective working conditions within the hospital and with the public.
- Attends mandatory in-services (All Day Mandatory Education/online competencies, CPR, ACLS, PALS, NRP, CPI).
- Graduate of Accredited Registered Nurse Program
- Current R.N. license in State of Ohio
- Current certification in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
About Wilson Health:
Wilson Health's mission is to improve the health and wellness of our communities by delivering compassionate, quality care. Our vision is to be a trusted, nationally-recognized leader of innovative, collaborative, community health.