Cardiac Cath Lab Radiology Tech ***$12,500 Sign On/Retention Bonus***
- - Cardiac Cath Lab
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays) of body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by Physician, by performing the following duties. The patient population would include the young-middle aged adult patient, and the geriatric patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs diagnostic Cardiovascular and Peripheral Vascular Interventional Procedures while working with Cardiologists, Radiologists and Surgeons at the level of competence required by the ARRT, Ohio Department of Health, Medical and Administrative Manager and Director of the Cardiac Cath Lab and Radiology.
• Performs circulator duties.
• Performs scrub tech/assistant duties while maintaining aseptic technique and a sterile field.
• Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position and document findings while helping the physician to position, manipulate and prepare catheters and guide wires as needed during the procedures while using initiative and ingenuity as needed to assure the best possible quality of care for the patient.
• Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the Scope of CI/VI technologist.
• Must be able to understand each exam so that they may explain to the patient the procedures as well as the possible complications in order to obtain an informed consent prior to each procedure.
• Displays an understanding of procedures and equipment used throughout the department.
• Assists RN with admissions and discharges, as well as acquiring all pertinent data required to maintain quality patient care of all patients.
• Must have a complete understanding of vascular related organ anatomy.
• Must be able to monitor patient blood pressure, ECG, and Pulse Oximetry using sophisticated clinical equipment.
• Must be able to perform well during periods of crisis and emergency situations.
• Must possess the knowledge, skill/or ability to perform successfully and in an efficient manner in order to assist in proper flow of patients while maintaining the professional level, which is demonstrated throughout the department.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be willing to learn the necessary coding and charging required to properly post charges to patient's accounts following each procedure performed.
PATIENT ASSESSMENT: Must be able to assess the needs of all patients while taking into consideration age, physical limitations, disabilities and pain factors. Must possess the knowledge base for acquiring and analyzing pertinent data required in assessing patient condition/possible indicators of change in patient condition.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Must be able to work collaboratively with all other healthcare team members toward the best possible outcome for the patient and for the organization. Acts a liaison between physician, nurse, patient/family/significant other and hospital staff to ensure that important data is reported in a professional timely manner. Maintains a high standard of communication between all customers and co-workers. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Maintains patient confidentiality. Provides individual, safe and efficient services to all patients as well as assistance to their families and visitors. Displays a cheerful, positive, helpful attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers. Employee is open, honest, consistent, communication with peers, co-workers and management team. Places patients needs first. Receptive to changes in the work schedule to accommodate needs in order to provide adequate staffing and maintain quality of care for our patients.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT: Displays a professional team-oriented behavior. Responds positively to supervisor direction, professionally accepting guidance. Demonstrates willingness to adapt to new tasks, duties and responsibilities. Will continue to search for new methods to facilitate cost containment while increasing revenue and increasing quality of patient care.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree (A.A.S.), or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Must be ARRT registered, or ARRT registry eligible. Must be licensed by the State of Ohio Department of Health Must be Cardiac Interventional and / or Vascular Interventional Registered, or be willing to work towards being Cardiac Interventional and / or Vascular Interventional registered. Must acquire continuing education credits as needed to keep both ARRT and Ohio Department of Health License current and up to date. Must be both BCLS and ACLS certifications. Must meet all training requirements for specific department, as well as all organizationally mandated in- services. Must have basic computer knowledge.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Two years experience in a Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology Lab preferred, but not required. Demonstrates competence in the performance of skills relative to area of practice. Demonstrates positive working relationships. Good problem solving skills, initiative and judgment to make appropriate decisions in potentially life threatening patient situations. Demonstrates the ability to work under stressful conditions, which may occur in emergency situations or heavy workload situations. Must be able to work independently with realization that errors may have a serious consequence for the patient.
INITIATIVE: Demonstrates self-direction and self-confidence by promoting a positive atmosphere through encouragement, consideration, enthusiasm, sense of humor and tact. Acts as a role model for other staff in the hospital in relation to communication and appearance. Guides, directs and mentors others. Shows initiative and self-motivation by doing assignments and projects above the normal job. Pursues continuing education opportunities. Demonstrates responsibility for department assignment by setting priorities making organized use of time and adhering to requested deadlines. Recognizes personal error and takes prompt, corrective action.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work effectively in a confined workspace.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.