Cardiac Cath Lab Radiology Tech ***$12,500 Sign On/Retention Bonus***
- - Cardiac Cath Lab
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Cardiac Catheterization Lab Radiology Tech for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 4 days, 9-hour shifts
Shift: 1st shift – Will be required to participate in the department call rotation
Position Reports to: Manager of Cardiovascular Services
Job Summary: The Cardiac Catheterization Radiology Tech Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays) of the body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by the Physician, by performing the following duties. The patient population would include the young-middle aged adult patient and the geriatric patient.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for personnel on the assigned unit including RN's, Radiology Technicians.
- Performs diagnostic Cardiovascular and Peripheral Vascular Interventional Procedures while working with Cardiologists, Radiologists, and Surgeons at the level of competence required by the ARRT, Ohio Department of Health, Medical and Administrative Manager, and Director of the Cardiac Cath Lab and Radiology.
- Performs circulator duties.
- Performs scrub tech/assistant duties while maintaining aseptic technique and a sterile field.
- Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position, and document findings while helping the physician to position, manipulate and prepare catheters and guide wires as needed during the procedures while using initiative and ingenuity as needed to assure the best possible quality of care for the patient.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect, and caring while working within the Scope of CI/VI technologist.
- Must be able to understand each exam so that they may explain to the patient the procedures as well as the possible complications in order to obtain informed consent prior to each procedure.
- Displays an understanding of procedures and equipment used throughout the department.
- Assists RN with admissions and discharges, as well as acquiring all pertinent data required to maintain quality patient care of all patients.
- Must have a complete understanding of vascular-related organ anatomy.
- Must be able to monitor patient blood pressure, ECG, and Pulse Oximetry using sophisticated clinical equipment.
- Must be able to perform well during periods of crisis and emergency situations.
- Associate's degree (A.A.S.), or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Must be ARRT registered, or ARRT registry eligible. Must be licensed by the State of Ohio Department of Health Must be Cardiac Interventional and/or Vascular Interventional Registered, or be willing to work towards being Cardiac Interventional and/or Vascular Interventional registered.
- Must acquire continuing education credits as needed to keep both ARRT and Ohio Department of Health License current and up to date.
- Must be both BCLS and ACLS certified.
- 2 years experience in a Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology Lab preferred, but not required.
Mission & Vision & Values:
- Improve the health and wellness of the community by delivering compassionate, quality care.
- Be a trusted, nationally-recognized leader of innovative, collaborative, community health.
- A.S.P.I.R.E - Always serve with professionalism, integrity, respect, and excellence.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)