Histology Section Head
- - Laboratory
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Histology Section Head for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (80 hours per pay period)
Position Reports to: Director of Laboratory
Job Summary: To operate and supervise this department section in the performance of all its functions, reporting to the laboratory administrative director or the medical director (technical supervisor). The section head fulfills the qualifications as a general supervisor and also performs the routine duties of a histotechnician.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Organize, supervise, and maintain the department section – its equipment, information system, procedures, work areas, and records.
Supervise, train, and evaluate laboratory personnel working in the section.
Perform all general or specialized histopathology procedures including immunohistochemistry and be able to demonstrate proficiency and appropriate knowledge and expertise per pathologist and the laboratory policy on Tissue Submission by Histology Section Personnel.
- In conjunction with the pathologist, review histopathology work.
Select best-value methods, equipment and materials, maintaining supply of the section while controlling costs and quality.
- Special duties as required.
- Histotechnologist(HTL) or Histotechnician(HT) registered by ASCP. A minimum of 3 years histopathology experience. Previous supervisor experience preferred.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).