- - Quality Management
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Patient Advocate for the hospital in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio)area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week
Position Reports to: Quality Management Director
Job Summary: Responsible for rounding on and interviewing patients, family members, and/or staff members, responding to patient and family complaints, facilitating resolutions to patient issues and reporting unresolved issues to the appropriate parties for further investigation. Assures patients are aware of patient rights and responsibilities. Maintains focus on Patient Experience, managing data and reports for communicating hospital wide, Collaborating with PG Consultants to determine best practice for improving patient experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Rounding on patients and their families,
Maintaining communication with unit Managers/Directors regarding any issues/complaints and/or compliments. Includes maintaining daily log on patients rounded on for future comparison with written or phone complaints/grievances.
- Focusing on patient phone/written complaints/grievances, maintaining log of interactions with patients/families and employees in relation to complaints/grievances, and meeting compliance with HFAP standards.
- Chairing the weekly Quality Review Committee to have a collaborative review of compliants/grievances related to standard of care issues.
- Associate`s degree or qwuivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 3-5 years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Holiday Pay and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).