- - Perioperative Services
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Registered Nurse First Assistant for the hospital in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio)area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week
Position Reports to: Director of Perioperative Services
Provides assistance to a physician on Active Staff or Courtesy Staff with surgical privileges for WilsonMemorialHospital. Practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intraoperative experience, and collaborates with the surgeon in performing a safe operation with optimal outcomes for the patient. Have the acquired knowledge, skills, and judgment of perioperative nursing to functions independently in a professional manner as a scrub and/or circulator caring for patients in the Operating Room/Endoscopy. Facilitates the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures ensuring the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- participating in preoperative assessment and planning for selected surgical patients in collaboration with perioperative team members in the preoperative location;
- apply principles of asepsis and infection control;
- knowledgable of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative technique related to the operative procedures in which assisting;
- recognizing safety hazards and initiating appropriate preventative and corrective actions;
- providing exposure through appropriate use of instruments, retractors, suctioning, and sponging techniques;
- handling and dissecting tissues in collaboration with the surgeon;
- clamping blood vessels, coagulating bleeding points, ligation of vessels, and performing other procedures in collaboration with the surgeon;
- suturing muscle, fascia, subcutaneous, and skin tissue in collaboration with the surgeon;
- placing drains as surgically indicated;
- assisting with cannulation and decanulation procedures, if indicated; and
- following selected surgical patients postoperatively in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Current Ohio RN license
- Completion of an RNFA Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 3 months of hire and maintained.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 1 year of hire and maintained.
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification
- Preferred: Certified RN First Assistant (CRNFA) certification
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Holiday Pay and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).