Emergency Health Unit Coordinator
- - Emergency
- Sidney, OH, USA
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Emergency Department Health Unit Coordinator for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Emergency Department is a 20 bed ED unit with 14 cardiac monitored beds. The Emergency Department at Wilson Health has received national recognition for exceptionally quick treat release times for patients.
Employment Status: Casual
Position Reports to: Emergency Department Manager
Job Summary: The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is responsible for arranging for the efficient and orderly registration of Emergency patients and ensure that accurate patient information is collected and that patients are made aware of hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Registers patient to begin quick registration process, by obtaining name, age, primary care physician, and other demographic information required to complete the quick registration process, when necessary.
- Prepares ID bracelets and places the band on the Emergency patient.
- Assure open and timely communication with patients, their significant other, and team members to ensure the occurrence of effective therapeutic interventions.
- Answers telephone calls in a courteous and timely manner. Responds to all inquires or routes call to the appropriate person.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills - telephone
- Personal computer skills - Windows / DOS
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills / record management
- Assist in the operation of office equipment or willingness to learn.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).