Clinical Analyst II
- - Info Com
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Clinical Analyst II for the hospital in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio)area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week
Position Reports to: IT Applications Manager
Provides application support to clinical applications and clinical personnel. Coordinates with clinical departments the planning, design, development, implementation, functionality, and evaluation of integrated clinical information applications that support and enhance these areas. Partner with IT Management in leading Wilson Health's strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Serves as the primary contributor and consultant for patient care services in the planning, design, development, implementation, functionality and evaluation of integrated clinical information applications that support and enhance clinical practice, administrative and management needs and patient outcomes.
- Acts as the principle resource with clinical knowledge and/or application expertise to coordinate and provide support for all new and current applications and software upgrades applicable to the ancillary departments and other clinical applications.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, testing, and implementation of the clinical information applications and solutions. Assist in testing related HL7 interfaces.
- Resolve application issues and fulfill requests escalated from the Clinical Management team. Identify the root cause of application issues and develop solutions to correct application problems. Document resolution of the issue.
- Build, configure, and test application fixes in the TEST/LIVE application environments. Review fixes with the appropriate Clinical team members to validate identified issues are addressed. Coordinate the implementation of approved application fixes into the production environment according to established change control processes. Document implemented fixes.
- Creates training materials and standard operating procedures for project implementations and system upgrades. Performs end-user training as necessary.
- Provides application support to clinical personnel and physicians as needed.
- Ability to maximize efficiencies of current applications and new system implementations.
- Participate in on-call rotations to support off-hours application support.
- Assists Project Manager in managing clinical system implementations and upgrades utilizing Wilson Health Information Technology's project management methodologies.
- Functions as principle communication coordinator between users, Information Technology, and vendors.
CLINICAL UNIT RELATIONSHIP:
- Establishes positive working relationships with clinical customers served.
- Learns the business processes of the particular units served and proactively brings solutions or process improvement ideas into the mix.
SPECIFIC CLINICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Attend required training and meetings in order to retain appropriate clinical skills and required competency.
- Job shadowing various departments may be necessary to understand department processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business, or Information Systems required. Minimum of 4 years' experience in healthcare setting and/or Information Technology, preferably a combination of both clinical applications and information technology. Meditech experience a plus. Excellent communication skills. Excellent project management skills with proven experience implementing projects that meet budget expectations, customer expectations, and targeted project timeline. Experienced in developing user documentation and standard operating procedures. Knowledge and experience with hospital applications and processes. Ability to assist other team members with their technical issues. Experience interacting with customers to gather and understand their business requirements. Thorough understanding of Meaningful Use and other strategic initiatives required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and technical specifications. Ability to write routine correspondence, create meeting agendas and minutes. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to work in highly stressful environment and communicate effectively with hospital departmental business managers. Meditech dictionary training a plus.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Holiday Pay and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).