Human Resources Generalist
- - Human Resources
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
The HR Generalist performs assigned activities in the human resource area. Activities are broad in nature, vary and may include work in the areas of human resource information management, compensation, coordination of activities, employee relations, performance management, training, leave, employee on-boarding, policy development and maintenance, retirement, workers' compensation, safety, equal employment opportunity, benefits, compliance, performance management and other assignments as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements – This is a Generalist position and may include some or all of the following to varing degrees:
- Maintain performance management processes within the organization including performance appraisal process, performance correction and other related areas.
- Assist in the process and strategy of recruiting and hiring which involves workforce planning, posting, advertising, screening, interviewing, hiring, background checking, extending offers and other areas related to effective selection and hiring of qualified candidates.
- Maintain and facilitate on-boarding processes that will ensure employees are oriented and retained.
- Handle employee relations so that issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns are handled appropriately. Coordinate other employee activities and processes as needed and assigned.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Advise management in areas of Human Resources as needed.
- Administer employee benefits, such as health benefits and retirement, to meet retention, cost and legal requirements.
- Coordinate workers' compensation, Family Medical Leave, disability and personal leaves to comply with policies and legal requirements.
- Prepare required employment-related data and reports.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software. Oraganize and maintain employee files.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Maintain current knowledge and compliance of Federal, State and local legal requirments related to human resources, employment and required postings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Service Oriented – treats employees at all levels like customers and collegues.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Good sense of humor – sees humor and joy in life and encourages others to enjoy their work.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Communication, Verbal and Written - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Experience : Three to five years related experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office; Human Resource Information System; Computer Literate; Preferred consideration given to individuals with Kronos Workforce Central Version – 8.1.9
Certificates & Licenses
PHR, SPHR preferred
Generally quiet, but with frequent conversation. Subject to frequent interruptions and change. Environment can be stressful at times.