Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Technician
- - Acute Care
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Part Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Acute Care (Medical-Surgical) Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Technician for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Acute Care Department is a 23-bed medical-surgical unit. This unit is where patients receive active but short-term treatment for a server injury or episode of illness, an urgent medical condition, or during recovery from surgery.
Employment Status: Part-Time
Hours: 24 hours a week
Shift: 7PM – 7AM
Position Reports to: Acute Care Nurse Manager
Job Summary: The Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)/Patient Care Technician (PCT) prepares and compiles records in the unit by performing the following duties. Provides essential patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse. All team members of Wilson Health will promote our purpose to improve the health of our community so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs patient-related clerical duties necessary to assist the health care team as they provide care.
- The HUC/PCT shall be responsible for the computer entry of patient information/registration and physician orders to ensure continuity of care.
- The HUC/PCT shall assist with the coordination of activities of the unit and ensures the necessary supplies are available to provide patient care.
- The HUC/PCT shall assure open and timely communication with the patient, their significant others, and team members to ensure the occurrence of therapeutic interventions.
- The HUC/PCT will be competent and current, adhering to established standards of practice, and will engage in activities or behaviors that characterize professionals.
- Performs additional duties as assigned within the scope of the department.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Successfully completed an approved Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program; or three to six months related hospital experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of training and experience
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first-name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).