Director of Specialty Care
- - Wilson Health Medical Group
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
In collaboration with the providers, this position will drive and foster a culture of patient and family centered care and service excellence across multiple specialty care sites. This position will also be responsible for implementation of strategic plan and mission, patient access and experience, employee experience, financial performance of sites, improvement of quality of services, coordination and integration of services with Wilson Health subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures standardization of operations within defined area, aligned with system wide strategic priorities.
- Researches and implements new directives for business growth.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and collaboration.
- Creates clarity and sets expectations with regard to clinic optimization assuring standardized approach to attaining defined operational metrics.
- Engage staff and providers to promote team building and collaboration and contribute to the success of the clinics quality, fiscal, employee and patient experience.
- Maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives that include revenue cycle functions, quality assurance, environmental, and infection control policies.
- Ensures that quality services are provided according to established policies and procedures.
- Works in a collaborative dyad with the providers.
- Interacts frequently with providers and staff regarding the business and clinical operations of the practice.
- Support Office Coordinators in the day to day operations of the practice. Analyzes and supports changes in office organizational systems, policies and procedures, and ensures that there is standardization and implementation.
- Develops all operating budgets and volume projections consistent with objectives and Strategic Plan of WHMG.
- Assists Providers and Office Coordinators in the organization of their practice functions and their departmental staffing patterns.
- Participates in selection of Operations Management. Evaluates, develops, coaches, mentors, disciplines, and when necessary, recommends termination of these personnel.
- Ensures policies and operations comply with regulations and rules of regulating and accrediting bodies.
- Reviews and assists Providers and Office Coordinators in interpreting practice statistical and financial indicators and recommends adjustments to any anticipated or unexpected changes from acceptable variances.
- On-boards new providers in a manner that develops and fosters a positive experience.
PERFORMS ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS ASSIGNED WITHIN SCOPE OF THE RESPONSIBILITY AS NECESSARY.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor`s degree or minimum of fifteen plus years' directly related management experience in a medical office required; Master's degree in business or healthcare management preferred; Prior medical office management experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certification in Physician Office Coding preferred
Current license as Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio preferred
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and employees individually in a helpful and compassionate manner. Ability to operate practice management and electronic health records systems, identify and create reports to analyze office operations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and hold items away from self for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance and smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate