Cash Posting/Self Pay Specialist
- - Patient Accounts
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Cash Posting/Self Pay Specialist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week
Shift: 1st shift
Position Reports to: Patient Accounts Director
the Self-Pay Specialist is the primary customer service representative for Wilson Care. Responsible for financial collections and questions on all self-pay accounts. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Customer Service:
- Listens and interprets billing questions, provides clarification timely and responds to customers service needs with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Develops and maintains a cooperative and professional relationship with outside agencies and the Hospital organization.
- Responds to all phone calls within 24 business hours in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Assist walk in patients in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Attends monthly self-pay meeting and other department meetings as needed.
- Works with coworkers in the Revenue Cycle and others to obtain required information on a timely basis and to solve outstanding issues, as appropriate.
- Promotes and contributes positively to the team by assisting coworkers, contributing ideas and problem-solving with coworkers.
- Able to work in a team –oriented environment
- Maintains individual work queues within the collection module of the practice management system, to initiate action plans for resolving accounts based on established standards and procedures. Writes appropriate notes in system for every account, including any action taken.
- Investigates the possibility of insurance coverage (Managed Care, Medicaid, Medicare etc.). Responsible for forwarding information found to appropriate Physician Billing Specialist.
- Attempts to locate patient/guarantor through direct contact, letter or other means as necessary to establish, payment arrangements according to present guidelines, full settlement, or to begin the charity process.
- Updates patient accounts based on verified information from the patient/guarantor in the Practice Management System.
- Prepares and handles correspondence and documentation necessary to resolve accounts in a professional and confidential manner.
- Identifies delinquent accounts for collections during the collection process.
- Accepts credit card payments via phone or walk in, as well as other forms of payment (cash checks, money order). Ability to post all forms of self-pay payments in the system and to make necessary deposits.
- Process bankruptcy paperwork; follow up on bankruptcy status.
- Estate confirmation and filing, as needed
- Accurate review of self-pay refunds, coordinated with the Accounts Payable Department for timely processing.
- Elevates issues, as appropriate, to the Billing Services Administrator and/or Senior Billing Specialist.
- Handles various other self-pay items, such as a monthly rotation of balancing the cash box, processing self-pay mail, run statements weekly and other monthly self-pay reports and tasks.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of one to three years experience and/or training in the medical billing field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT-4 and ICD-10 coding preferred
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).