- - Education
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Develops and conducts programs to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes of employees, physicians and community members by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with other departments and agencies regarding educational needs and resources.
- Plans, designs and delivers appropriate training opportunities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training opportunities through written evaluations. Monitors and evaluates interventions when teaching is delegated to individuals outside the department.
- Participates in planning of annual departmental budget and training calendar.
- Participates in interdepartmental process improvement projects.
- Stays informed of requirements of various accrediting bodies (HFAP, ONA, AACN, ASHI and OSHA) as they relate to Educational requirements for the hospital organization.
- Plans, designs and delivers various programs, orientations and inservice sessions to hospital staff particularly those with a critical care focus.
- Provides training to hospital staff and physicians on computer systems used by the facility.
- Provides support and consulting to management in the areas of employee development, department training and problem solving.
- Participates in continuing education programs and professional development activities. Keeps informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in the training field.
- Participates on hospital committees and QAPI teams as necessary.
- Receives and communicates necessary information to and from department personnel.
- Takes accurate messages and relays information in a timely manner.
- Resources staff during all kinds of working conditions.
- Cooperates with other personnel to maintain effective relationships.
- Proven ability in project management
- Demonstrates dependability by, but not limited to, adhering to dress code, reporting to duty on time, appropriate use of sick time, MTO and attendance
- Demonstrates a self-directed, mature, disciplined and tactful approach to completing work.
- Participates in economical use of supplies and equipment.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth.
- Demonstrates job commitment and assists with increased workload.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific, business and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents or governmental regulations.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to upper management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customer, clients, and other employees of the organization. This would include the following age groups: pediatrics, adolescent, young-middle aged adult and geriatric.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current licensed as a RN in the State of Ohio.
BLS Instructor desirable
ACLS Instructor desirable
Critical Care background desirable
HealthStream program knowledge desirable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Hired after May 2021, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Education or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years nursing/healthcare experience required
- Experience leading projects and driving results preferred
- BLS required, ACLS preferred, Instructor status to be achieved & maintained