Respiratory Department - Registered Respiratory Therapist - FT - 6:30pm-7:00am ***$12,500 Sign-On/Retention Bonus***
- - Cardiopulmonary
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time - 3rd Shift
Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Registered Respiratory Therapist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours a week
Shift: 6:30PM - 7AM
Position Reports to: Director of Laboratory and Respiratory Services
SUMMARY: Performs the evaluation of cardiopulmonary function, the treatment of cardiopulmonary impairment, the assessment of treatment effectiveness, and the care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the manager, assists in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the patient. The patient population would include: The neonatal patient, The pediatric patient,The young-middle aged adult patient, and The geriatric patient.
- Set up, administer, and monitor all types of oxygen/humidity delivering devices and therapeutic modalities, including masks, cannulas, face tents, trach masks, and t-piece's.
- Set up and administer the following treatment modalities: medicated aerosol's (med neb), IPV, incentive spirometry, chest physical therapy, sputum induction, continuous nebulizer therapy, and metered dose inhalers.
- Set up and monitor all aspects of mechanical ventilation and non-invasive mask ventilation and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Assists with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation, and extubation as needed.
- Perform diagnostic procedures as needed, to include but not limited to: blood gases, electrocardiograms, pulse oximetry, peak flow monitoring, EEG's, and pulmonary function testing.
- Performs patient assessments and formulates care plans based on established guidelines. Communicates changes in the Respiratory Care plan with other healthcare team members.
- Performs daily maintenance and other maintenance procedures on the blood gas analyzers as assigned or required.
- Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis as assigned or required. Assembles, inspects, and tests all equipment to ensure that it is functioning safely and efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Ohio Medical Board License
BLS, ACLS, and NRP
Diploma from College based respiratory program.
Registry or registry eligible by the NBRC.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The therapist will have successfully completed a program in an AMA approved educational program for Respiratory Therapists and be registered or registry eligible by the NBRC. He/she must be licensed by the State of Ohio Medical Board.