IT Network Manager
- - Info Com
- Sidney, OH, USA
- Full Time
Works under the direction of the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for managing all technology infrastructure; server, storage, network and data center operations; IT architecture, planning, and engineering; data, unified communications and audio/visual; security, implementation, and procedures; technology support and IT service management processes. This position is primarily management in nature, but the incumbent will perform technical, hands-on duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following.
- Lead strategic as well as tactical efforts in the planning, design, implementation, organization, and operation of the organization's data and communications networks.
- Develop, implement and maintain security, governance and risk management initiatives to protect the network, endpoints, and data, ensuring full compliance with HIPAA, PCI, NIST and organizational regulations, instructions and procedures.
- Determine appropriate standards for network related hardware and software across the organization.
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of Customer needs and strengthen working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Establish budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Establish and deploy testing/measurement methodologies including network performance criteria. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable of performance criteria so they can conduct monitoring activities appropriately.
- Manages operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
- Evaluate network technology product vendors/providers by conducting research and cost/benefit analysis on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Negotiate agreements with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors, working with Procurement as applicable to secure network products and services. Monitor vendor services and performance in accordance with those agreements.
- Prepare and maintain all network related infrastructure, configuration, and support documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement policies/procedures for daily operational management, including best practices for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network issues
- Provide On-Call Support.
Directly supervises technical staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management.
- Knowledge Microsoft OS, Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange, and SQL.
- Specific systems knowledge with Cisco Nexus, Catalyst, Cisco UCS, and Call Manage/Unified Communications.
- Specific systems knowledge of Cisco ASA, VPN, ISE, and Wireless Networking.
- Specific systems knowledge of VmWare and Horizon.
- Specific systems knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) Technologies
- Specific systems knowledge of SolarWinds.
- Advanced VLAN creation, management and interface mapping
- Advanced understanding of switch protocol STP and router HA protocols VRRP & HSRP
- Advanced understanding of troubleshooting Routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, & BGP
- Advanced troubleshooting of WAN circuits: DS1, ISDN, & DS3 circuits
- Advanced knowledge of event management and packet capture tools
- Knowledge of Mobile Device security, support, and plans management experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Knowledge of Project Management and the ability to effectively lead projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to build rapport with co-workers, contractors, management, and Customers are essential. Excellent services oriented mindset.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work occasionally outside of normal business hours (Projects and/or On-Call).
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree required; Master's Degree preferred from college or technical school in the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or Business Administration. Healthcare Experience Preferred. A minimum of 8 years of technology experience with at least 5 years of hands-on technical roles in the field and the experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Certifications for Cisco, Microsoft or other pertinent networking qualifications preferred.
Excellent English oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to work in highly stressful environment and communicate effectively with Hospital departmental business managers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or casuistic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.